Published the 08 May 2016
After 165 days of skiing, unforgettable toboggan descents, mouth-watering fondues and endless smiles, the resort of Val Thorens is about to close its runs, shops and businesses for the 2015-2016 winter season.
I wanted to do a quick round-up of some of the amazing times we’ve shared together this season, just to make sure you didn’t miss anything!
- We supported every race from the sidelines and cheered our champions on to victory
- We got to meet the Savoie Avalanche-Rescue Dog Handlers
- We prepared Val Thorens’ ski runs aboard Olivier’s piste groomer
- We gave you our thoughts about ski touring
- We discovered the true meaning of Mother Nature’s ‘signals’ in order to predict weather conditions
- We had a real giggle when we dreamt up the teleportation concept
- We made some good new Year’s Resolutions, including getting up early and taking care of our skin!
We are honoured to have been able to share these moments with you! We’d like to bid you a fond farewell for now, but we’ll be back again soon to enjoy the benefits of the mountains in summer. And don’t forget to put November 26th in your diary, so we can open the slopes together!