Val Thorens is a semi-pedestrian resort. Under a municipal by-law, parking in the resort is compulsory all through the winter season. This means you must have a « seasonal » parking space for your vehicle.
The terms and conditions are: You must
- work and reside in Val Thorens,
- present the vehicle registration certificates
- provide a photocopy of the receipt of delivery of the URSSAF registration, or a copy of your working contract, or, in case of retail businesses, a copy of the certificate of incorporation of the company.
The season parking rate is 300 €uros for the indoor or outdoor P2 parking (right at the resort's entrance) and 610 €uros for the P0 and P1 central indoor parking. You have the option of paying in three installments. In addition, a refundable deposit is required.
If you not need or have any vehicle, here some alternatives:
- Thanks to the partner site car-pooling BlaBlaCar, you may at any time find and use one of their vehicle for your moves
- Partial reimbursement by Valthoparc of public transport to Val Thorens (under specific conditions, reimbursement of up to 75 €uros per person),
- Up to 50 % reimbursement by Valthoparc of the daily bus transport (TRANSDEV) return fare between Val Thorens and Moutiers (under specific conditions),
- Car rental service of MINI Countryman 4 X 4: half or full day car rental under special conditions for seasonal workers.
For any further questions, please use the link « contacts ».