The town of Saint Martin de Belleville of whom Val Thorens depends has signed the charter “For a mountain of comfort” on the 20th of August 2012.
The city has to implement actions and to realise constructions in order to facilitate the skiing activity for disabled people.
When joining the charter, the town has to:
- design a referent person who has to convince the public and the private local parties of the resort to be part of the process. He/she has to coordinate the projects and to implement actions for a better accessibility with more comfort
- welcome and to inform the public
- define a coherent comfort area which maximise the concentration of the adapted offer
- sensibilize and to form the local parties
- make sure of the reliability of the information given
In order to enjoy the activities and events of La Vallée des Belleville, there is a free shuttle accessible for disabled people, connecting St Martin de Belleville, Les Menuires and Val Thorens.
The driver will unfold a retractable platform. Each shuttle has 2 reserved places for wheelchairs and push chairs.
Parking in the streets of Val Thorens In summer, you can park your car for free in the streets. You will find reserved places for disabled people in front of the Tourist Office and the covered parking P0.
Parking in one of the covered parkings The covered parkings of Val Thorens are closed in summer
FTT (Mountain Bike Chair) The FTT is the best option to feel the speed and the freedom. Between the quad and the mountain bike, the FTT is sufficient unto downhill. You need an extra help on uneven ground, on uphill slopes, and on the lifts.
The lifts of Val Thorens (chairlift Moutière, cable cars Cairn and Caron) are adapted to the FTT so you can enjoy breath taking mountain sceneries.
The Mountain Guides Office of Vallée des Belleville proposes mountain bike trips. Program for one day or half a day. Contact: +33 (0)4 79 00 70 54 Prices and information at the Guides’ Office. FTT (Fauteuil Tout Terrain) TRACKS OF VAL THORENS In Val Thorens, 5 FTT tracks are accessible:
* Le sentier Combe de Gentiane : You access the track by the chairlift Moutière. You go along the Cime Caron cable car departure and you go down till the departure of the chairlift Moutière. Amazing view over the resort and the whole Vallée des Belleville. No uphill slopes on this track.
*Le sentier bis Combe de Gentiane : You access the track by Cairn cable car to arrive at the departure of Cime Caron cable car. You will go down till the departure to Cairn cable car. No uphill slopes on this track.
*Le sentier « Les Chalets du Thorens » You access the track by the chairlift Moutière. You go along the mountain restaurants of Deux Lacs and Chalets du Thorens. It is a road from the Chalets du Thorens to the Chalet du Toboggan (about 800 meters) and a path downhill till the departure of the chairlift Moutière. Varied track with a beautiful scenery : Peclet glacier, Val Thorens and Vallée des Belleville. No uphill slopes on this track.
* Le sentier « Cairn » You access the track by Cairn cable car and you go down near the Altpapura hotel till the departure of Cairn cable car. Nice track with view over Vallée des Belleville. No uphill slopes on this track.
*Le sentier du Lac Blanc You access the track by 4x4 to Lac Blanc. Nice downhill track on a carriage way with a very beautiful view over the resort. You will arrive Arrivée au niveau des pas de tir à l’arc. No uphill slopes on this track.
Map of the tracks on sale (5€) at the Tourist Office and at the Mountain Guides Office in the Maison de Val Thorens.
JOËLETTE TRIP To get away for a while in the nature, to observe the fauna and the flora, the Mountain Guides Office proposes joëlette trips in Val Thorens.
This equipment has one wheel under the chair and two shafts. You can travel every person who has difficulty to move. Two porters are necessary for this activity.
The Mountain Guides Office of Vallée des Belleville proposes mountain bike trips. Program for one day or half a day. Contact: +33 (0)4 79 00 70 54 Prices and information at the Guides’ Office.
MICROLIGHT Thanks to the microlight, come and discover the world’s largest ski area (3 Valleys) and the beautiful sceneries of Val Thorens : Peclet glacier, Cime Caron, the lake of Tête Ronde, the lake Blanc, the lake of Thorens… Comfortably sat behind the pilot, it’s bliss!
Contact : Jean-Claude DUBONNET : +33 (0)188.8.131.52.00 Prices: On request