This year, as every year, the Val Thorens opening weekend marks the beginning of the French ski season.
Kick off the season in style at this year’s winter opening festival, La Grande Première, on 23-24 November 2019.
This winter, Europe’s highest ski resort is rolling out the red carpet (yes, really!) for downhill sports lovers everywhere. The pristine, freshly packed slopes will be looking their absolute best for the opening weekend of the 2019-2020 winter season. And you’re the star of the show!
Professionals from all the top brands – plus less well-known and niche manufacturers – will be heading to Val Thorens to give skiers and snowboarders an exclusive chance to try out the latest equipment and accessories, completely free of charge.
Unlike in previous years, when the resort held the Ski Force Winter Tour or the Rock On Snowboard Tour, this year’s event covers all winter and downhill sports. shining a spotlight on equipment and the latest innovations in disciplines such as cross-country, freeride and freestyle skiing, as well as snowscooting – and more! The resort will be a hive of activity throughout the weekend, with professionals leading sessions and activities such as a mini snowpark, big air bag, snowscoot trampoline, cross-country skiing and a carving zone.
- Test village located at Place Caron
- Castor and Pollux carpet open (access to Place Caron)
- The village is open to all, even without a pass
- Equipment tests are only available to holders of a ski pass and a test card (free on presentation of a ski pass)
To get the most out of it, pre-register at: https://digitaltestcenter.com/e/la-grande-premiere-2019
Then pick up your test pass:
- On Friday 22 November between 3 pm and 8 pm from the Tourist Office
- On Saturday 23 November between 8 am and 4 pm from the test village at Place Caron
- On Sunday 24 November between 8 am and 3 pm from the test village at Place Caron
Important: to collect your test pass, you will need to bring two forms of ID (the second will need to be a health insurance card, student card, bank card or similar, to confirm your identity).
You will need to register at the card pick-up points listed above if you have not already done so online.
Brands to be tested:
- Ski / ski touring: Amplid, Armada, Atomic, Duret, Dynafit/Salewa, Dynastar, Icelantic, La planche Maurienaise, Liberty Skis, Movement, Salomon, Ski mojo, Slopedeck, TSL, Wedze.
- Snowboard: Amplid, Bataleon, Lobster, Switch Bindings, Borealis, Burton, Capita, Union, Slash, Deeluxe, Easy Snowboard, Lib Tech, Gnu, Roxy, Bent Metal, Nidecker, Yes, Jones, Now, Flow, Northwave, Drake, Nitro, Rome SDS, Salomon, Stone, Division, Swoard.
- Accessories: Smith, Julbo, Cairn, 686, LCF, Oakley, Armure Française, Racer, GoPro.
- Snowscoot: Eretic, Snowmoto, Cent Six, Insane Toy.
- Other: Isuzu, UCPA.
Village entertainment and events:
- Fun areas around the village
- Cross-country skiing area
- Mini snowpark area
- Non-stop entertainment and events at the brand village, including Happy Hour, crazy games and gifts galore.
- Chance to sample partner products.
- Music, giant Raclette Party and Suze des Montagnes cocktails served at Place Caron on Saturday, 5 pm to 7 pm.
La Grande Première is Val Thorens’ flagship event – a festive, colourful celebration that’s just like a film première!
La Grande Première