Between glide and speed…
The whole team of the Ice Driving Val Thorens welcomes you on the Alain PROST Ice Circuit in Val Thorens. The opportunity to discover the highest ice circuit in Europe.
Private lessons, training courses, free driving with professional drivers are proposed to you during the winter season.
Do you want to drive safely in winter?
Here it is a question of being able to take advantage of a lesson dedicated to your safety. Natural ice allows you to understand and perfect your experience to better master the road on a daily basis.
The different teaching modules: fundamentals, braking experience, avoidance experience, how to get out of an emergency situation, are carried out with 2 wheel drive vehicles. You are accompanied by your BPJEPS qualified instructor.
Activities from 16 years old.
Looking for a thrill?
Used for more than 30 years by car drivers in the Andros Trophy, the ice circuit offers real possibilities for sliding and driving. It's your turn to take the wheel!
- Driving school (4 modules)
- Private lessons from 20 minutes, you are accompanied by an instructor for individualized coaching, in 2 or 4 wheel drive.
- Baptism of piloting: take the passenger seat and enjoy a series of 5 Tours aboard a Subaru Impreza
- From 16 years old
- Altitude : 2200 m
- Length : 760 m
- Width : 10 to 12 m
- Circuit officially recognized to welcome the “Trophée Andros” races
Optional: your ice driving course filmed!
2 Cameras: 1 oriented towards the driver + 1 oriented towards the track
Live progress thanks to the integrated GPS, speed recording.
Come and learn how to drive on the ice and take with you a souvenir video on a USB key.
Buggy initiation on ice
An SSV (Side by Side Vehicle), better known as a “buggy”, is a motorised vehicle that looks like a quad bike.
You get to experience unique sensations driving an 570 cc engine buggy on ice.
The Ice Driving Val Thorens driving school provides initiation sessions on the main circuit (which hosts the Andros Trophy).
Two people can ride a buggy together.
Welcome & Arrival
The Val Thorens Ice Driving team welcomes you every day of the week at the track chalet.
- Car access: P3 car park and private car park of the circuit (contact us beforehand)
- Bus access: free shuttles P3/P4 from the centre of Val Thorens, stop parking P3
- Private shuttle access: contact us beforehand
- Ski access: the circuit is opposite Plein Sud chairlift departure station
- Access on foot: you can also walk to the ice circuit (see the resort map)