What is the Via Ferrata?
Via Ferrata is a sporty and fun activity to be enjoyed with family or friends, accessible to children from 7 years old.
It is an exotic and exciting vertical adventure on rocks, ladders, cables, suspension bridges, Nepalese bridges or monkey bridges.
The Via Ferrata of the Belleville Valley
The Lavassay Via Ferrata
Access: D117 road, 1 km from Les Menuires towards Saint-Martin-de-Belleville.
Level: PD (not very difficult)
Approach time: 15 minutes
Total length: 350 metres
Difference in height: 80 metres
Course time: 1h30
This via ferrata has been built on a rocky bar above the village of Lavassay and is perfect for beginners. Be careful, this activity takes place on mountainous terrain. It requires a perfect knowledge of the techniques and specific equipment (helmet, harness, double lanyard connected to a shock absorber).
The Cochet Via Ferrata
Access: Le Châtelard, 1.5 km from Saint-Martin-de-Belleville - Car park in the hamlet of Plalautray
Level: AD (quite difficult)
Approach time: 20 minutes
Total length: 750 metres
Difference in altitude: 375 metres
Walking time: 4 hours
The Cochet dominates the village of Saint-Martin-de-Belleville with its beautiful clear quartzite cliffs. It is on these hard rock walls facing east that this via ferrata is set up, level AD (fairly difficult). Be careful, this activity takes place on mountain terrain. It requires a perfect knowledge of techniques and specific equipment (helmet, harness, double lanyard connected to a shock absorber).
A cousin of the via ferrata, this is also a vertical route on which you will be roped up. The difference lies in the fact that you will be equipped with climbing shoes. The Maison des Guides et de la Montagene will take you on the via cordata of Sainte-Foy Tarentaise.
Rates and services offered
By La Maison des Guides et de La Montagne
- Half day (3h):
- Initiation on the via ferrata of Lavassay: 45€ / person
- Improvement on the via ferrata of Cochet: 65€ / person
- Full day with picnic (5h):
- Via ferrata of Roc du Vent in the Beaufortain; la Daille Sud, Roc de Tovière in Val d'Isère; Peisey-Nancroix; via cordata + climbing school; La Fraîche + climbing school in Pralognan-la-Vanoise. 105€ / person.
- The loan of equipment is included (helmet, harness, lanyard with shock absorber).
- From 7 years old
- The car journey to the meeting point is at your expense.
More information: +33 (0)6 63 81 53 41 / firstname.lastname@example.org / ski-tour-guide.com
By Evolution 2
- 2-hour via ferrata initiation with an instructor: via ferrata du Lavassay (Sundays or Tuesdays, departure at 1:30 or 4:00 pm)
- Private outings in groups of 4 to 6 people
- Equipment included (harness, helmet, lanyard)
- Price: from 45€ / person
- From 7 years old
- The meeting point for the via ferrata activity is at the Lavassay car park
More information: +33 (0)6 13 76 78 74 / email@example.com / evolution2.com/val-thorens
By Le Bureau des Guides des Belleville
- Via ferrata initiation: via ferrata of Lavassay, 40€ / person (36€ with the Bureau des Guides card), from 10 years old
- Via ferrata improvement: via ferrata of Cochet, 64€ / person (from 10 years old)
- Sensations pack: via ferrata + canyoning 90€ / adult, 80€ / child
- Adventure pack: via ferrata + mountain adventure 58€ / person
More information: +33 (0)6 35 76 81 45 / guides-belleville.com
By Aventure Sensation
- Every day from 9am to 7pm
- From 10 years old
- From 25€ to 60€
- Meeting point in front of the bell tower of La Croisette, in Les Menuires
More information: +33 (0)6 21 98 21 98 / +33 (0)6 09 38 40 99 / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Via Ferrata pack for a day or half day rental in Les Menuires
- Ski Top shop: +33 (0)4 79 00 61 89
- Intersport Croisette shop: +33 (0)4 79 01 15 56 / +33 (0)6 63 21 00 88