IF YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF SPRING SKIING, HERE ARE 6 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD GIVE IT A GO!
A holiday in the mountains is sacred for you: every year, at Christmas or during February half term you like to get away and recharge your batteries with family or friends. But have you ever considered going to the mountains in spring ? I can already hear you saying: “when the nice weather comes we want to go somewhere warm….”, but I’ve come up with 6 reasons to help change your mind:
1. The conditions are perfect: the weather is warmer, the snow is softer and nice to ski on. If you’re concerned about there not being enough snow, don’t be - we are located at an altitude of 2,300 metres so there’s nothing to worry about. The snow is of good quality and there’s more than enough to take us to the end of the season. Rest assured, the resort teams continue to work tirelessly to provide excellent ski runs, even at the end of the season!
2. You don’t need to wrap up like an Eskimo: there’s no point piling on the layers, you don’t need them and you’ll be able to move much more freely without them!
3. The days are longer: which means you have more time to enjoy yourself. Indulge in a little relaxation time on a deck chair, take your time on the slopes, finish your day later and even head to a terrace to admire the sunset with a cold beer (a good way to let your muscles recover :-)).
4. There are more outdoor activities and entertainment: Festival’Tho, Jazz in Val Thorens, Apothéose Days…. It’s the perfect opportunity to try out something new: waterslide, concerts on the snow front and restaurant terraces … Sounds tempting doesn’t it?
5. There are some great deals to be had: it’s true, which means you can splash out on a few other activities that take your fancy and really get the most out of your stay in Val Thorens! The unmissables: relax in a spa, Toboggan run descent (which will have you in hysterics), fatbike for thrills and spills, a snowshoe session to get away from it all and a nice restaurant where you can spend some quality time altogether.
6. There are fewer people in resort and on the slopes: making it easier to let go and relax, leaving you feeling refreshed and invigorated when you go back home.
I’m happy to bet that if you come to Val Thorens in spring, you’ll be back again at the same time of year next time!