On 24 June, on the initiative of the mountain farm Chez Pépé Nicolas, the valley will host the ancestral ritual of the "emmontagnée". A day of conviviality and sharing around this traditional ceremony to celebrate the arrival of summer. From Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, the herds will leave the village to reach the mountain pastures 6 km higher between Les Menuires and Val Thorens.
- 8.15 am: meet in front of the town hall of Saint-Martin-de-Belleville to wait for the animals in a gentle mountain atmosphere (possibility to have coffee at L'Art B)
- 8:30/8:45: departure of the herd. You will have 6 km to cover at the gentle pace of the cows or the faster pace of the goats. The herd will pass through the villages of St Marcel, Praranger, Bettaix (where a small provisioning will be waiting for you), then through the bottom of Les Menuires at the "Plan de l'eau" to arrive at the mountain pasture of Chez Pépé Nicolas where a Savoyard meal will be offered.
- Menu at 26€, 13€ for children: tomato & Serac from the mountain pasture Mozzarella style, Diot & crozet risotto, blueberry pie.
- 3pm: milking of the goats
- 4pm: alpine games for young and old
- 6pm: alpine evening : DJ, BBQ, outdoor bar & good mood
- Menu at 30€ : onion soup, BBQ Ribs, confit vegetables & potato purée, Savoy biscuit & pears
- 11pm: end of the evening
Don't forget to book for the restaurant for lunch and dinner
06 09 45 28 35
Val Thorens professionals
Restaurants Famille Plus Clean United Restaurants open in summerChez Pépé Nicolas
If you want to discover a wonderful story, and a timeless setting, you need to stop at “Chez Pépé Nicolas”. On the "La Chasse" slope, between Les Menuires and Val Thorens, discover a place full of emotions, with a breathtaking view of the Péclet-Poslet glacier and the Lou valley.