On 19 and 20 June 2021, on the initiative of the mountain farm Chez Pépé Nicolas, the valley will host the ancestral ritual of the "emmontagnée". Two days of conviviality and sharing around this traditional ceremony to celebrate the arrival of summer. From Saint-Martin, the herds will leave the village to reach the mountain pastures 6 km higher between Les Menuires and Val Thorens.
Saturday 19th June
- 8.30 am: meeting in front of the town hall of Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, to wait for the animals in a soft mountain atmosphere thanks to the group Cocktail des Montagnes (possibility to have coffee and/or breakfast at the Arbe)
- 9am: start of the ascent to the mountain pasture. You want to do a sporty hike? Follow the goats! If you are more of a gentle hiker, then follow the cows. You want to take the time to observe the mountain flowers? Let the herd go, you will join them directly at the mountain pasture!
- You will cross the villages of St Marcel, Praranger, Bettaix, where a small provisioning will be waiting for you; then you will pass by the bottom of Les Menuires at the "plan de l'eau" to then arrive at the mountain pasture of Chez Pépé Nicolas
- Chez Pépé Nicolas : a Savoyard meal will be offered (menu at 25€)
- 3pm: milking of the goats
- 4pm: Alpine games: straw bale throwing, potato sack race
- Throughout the afternoon, a shuttle bus will take you back to Saint-Martin
- 6pm: reunion evening: DJ, Saxo, BBQ & outdoor bar. You can of course dance, but to respect sanitary measures, you will have to stay at your table. (menu at 30€)
- 11pm: end of the evening
Sunday 20th June
- 9.30am: free guided tour of the permaculture garden by Magali
- 10.30am: free guided tour of the mountain pasture by Valentin
- 11.30am: service at the restaurant. Chez Pépé Nicolas is delighted to welcome you for this beautiful weekend which launches the summer season.
Don't forget to bring your mask and to book your meal by email or by phone.
06 09 45 28 35