Once upon a time, Christmas in Val Thorens... A magical Christmas at an altitude of 2300 metres !
From 21st to 27th December, the enchanted world of Christmas will come to life near Father Christmas' cabin, in Val Thorens, the highest resort in Europe.
With your senses woken up and your eyes wide open, let yourself be enchanted by the magic of Christmas and enjoy a fairytale moment during your holiday with your family or friends.
Monday 23 December
- 6:30 pm: Duo Miral, world music concert
As Pierre Corneille once wrote: “In souls nobly born, valour does not depend upon age”. Likewise, diversity is no impediment for our two artists. The duo has put together a set inspired by world music, featuring songs from Réunion (sung in Creole), Arabic and, of course, French.
Venue: Val Thorens Church; duration: 1 hour; free entry.
Tuesday 24 December
- 2:00 pm: Ice sculpture demonstration
- 3:00 pm: Santa’s North Pole village opens, with treats for adults and children plus hot drinks Gospel music concert – Christmas Carols – Duration: 1 hour
- 4:00 pm: Santa’s treasure hunt in the ice
- 5:00 pm: Gospel music concert – Christmas Carols – Duration: 1 hour
- 6:00 pm: Santa’s village closes
- 6:15 pm: Instructors’ downhill skiing by torchlight
- 7:00 pm: Santa arrives in his sleigh
- 7:15/7:30 pm: Santa leaves to deliver presents, followed by a stunning firework display
- Venue: Place Caron, free entry
Wednesday 25 December
- Mountain United excursion: beginners’ cross-country skiing excursion with the Mountain United Section of Val Thorens Sports Club. This low-difficulty route starts at Place Caron and ends at a high-altitude restaurant where drinks and a hot snack await you! The instructors will introduce you to cross-country skiing (equipment and techniques), teach you how to keep safe, and explain compulsory emergency equipment. Book with the Sports Club, opposite the Tourist Office in the Maison de Val Thorens, before 12:00 noon on the day, then collect your equipment from the Skiset Goitschel hire shop before 4:00 pm. Departure: 5:30 pm in front of Skiset Goitschel, Place Caron. Price: €17 without equipment hire, €35 including equipment hire (boots + skis + skins), €3 for optional insurance.
- Christmas Mass: 6:00 pm at Val Thorens Church
- Children’s downhill skiing by torchlight: Distribution of Haribo candies and hot drinks.
Register for the children’s downhill skiing by torchlight with the ESF (two stars required) at the Maison de Val Thorens. Free for children in class at the ESF, 10€ for others. Venue: Place Caron, 6:00 pm.
Thursday 26 December
- 6:00 pm: Children’s theatre and puppet show La véritable histoire des chats-garous (The real story of the werecats). Just as she has done every morning for the last 375 years, the Fairy switches on the radio to listen to her favourite show on the Enchanted Forest channel. But on this particular day, she learns some terrible news: the cats have taken her place in the children’s hearts. So she resolves to recapture her rightful place!
Venue: Val Thorens Church, free entry.
Friday 27 December
- 2:00 pm: Children’s workshop. Hands-on activities run by the Tourist Office, where children get to learn, decorate and recycle – all while having fun!
Venue: Maison de Val Thorens. Free registration at the Tourist Office before Thursday 7:00 pm. Registration at Club Val Thorens required. 4 children minimum, 8 children maximum. Ages 3-6 years. Parents must be present.
- 4:00/6:00 pm: Wooden games and fun activities are part of this weekend. Venue: Place Caron.
Val Thorens in one click
Go for it