Come and celebrate the New Year in the friendly, joyful atmosphere of Val Thorens! There’s plenty of entertainment to see in the New Year in the right way.
Monday 30 December
- 6:30 pm: Travel in Gospel brings its wide repertoire of intense, rhythmic gospel song to Val Thorens. The set list includes traditional classics like “Oh Happy Day” and more modern, urban pieces such as “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”. The group’s extensive range also includes more exotic songs from Africa, including “Ahuna”.
Venue: Val Thorens Church; duration: 1 hour; free entry.
Tuesday 31 December
- 6:00 pm: Instructors’ downhill skiing by torchlight and hot drinks. Don’t miss the downhill skiing by torchlight, led by ESF instructors – a delight for people of all ages! Then warm up with a Suze des Montagnes cocktail or hot chocolate, plus free PITCH brioches. Venue: Place Caron
- 12:00 midnight: New year firework display.
Wednesday 1 January
- 6:30 pm: Children’s downhill skiing by torchlight and hot drinks. Distribution of Haribo candies and hot drinks.
Register for the children’s downhill skiing by torchlight with the ESF (two stars required) at the Maison de Val Thorens. Free for children in class at the ESF, 10€ for others. Venue: Place Caron, 6:00 pm.
Thursday 2 January
- 6:00 pm: “Chris de Rire” children’s show with magician Chris Torrente. Venue: Val Thorens Church, free entry.
Friday 3 January
- 10:00 am: Children’s workshop. Hands-on activities run by the Tourist Office, where children get to learn, decorate and recycle – all while having fun! Venue: Maison de Val Thorens. Free registration at the Tourist Office before Thursday 7:00 pm. Registration at Club Val Thorens required. 4 children minimum, 8 children maximum. Ages 3-6 years. Parents must be present.
- 2:00-7:00 pm: Trapper experience. Discover a traditional trappers’ village from northern Canada: an exciting opportunity to meet new people and learn about their traditional way of life.
Venue: Place Caron, free entry.
from 28/12/2019 to 03/01/2020
Val Thorens in one click
Go for it