It's time to conquer the slopes ... but that’s not all!
Overtaking dad on the downhill run, setting off altogether on a snowshoe walk, taking part in the torchlit descent, just like the grown ups, or trying out new sports in total safety: you can expect all of this and so much more when you holiday in Val Thorens! Whether a daredevil or slightly less adventurous, there’s an activity for every child, to ensure their holiday in the mountains is an unforgettable one.
Here’s a round-up of activites available for your 9 to 12 years old:
To discover unspoiled areas and get to know our mountains fauna, snowshoeing is ideal! The companies offering snow-shoeing hikes for all levels. Various professionals propose the activity : during the day, the ESF and Raquette Nature offer some special days out, especially made for kids from 8 years old with their parents.
At night, when the chairlifts are closed, both Evolution 2 and Prosneige Ski Schools offer evenings in an igloo. Equiped with snowshoes, children walk up to a site and build an igloo with the instructor. It's an evening 100% dedicated to kids !
For further information, contact the following professionals :
The first skating rink in the resort!
Due to the sunny weather and the fact that the natural ice cannot be maintained, the rink will remain closed until the end of the winter season.
Val Thorens puts its skates on starting from November 2020! This season sees the opening of a brand new ice skating rink - the first of the resort - called La Patinoire, located in Place Péclet.
Young and old are welcome to discover the joy of skating on the 400m2 ice rink made from completely natural ice!
There's also music and a light show. In order to provide guests the best possible experience, La Patinoire also has a small chalet - a cozy spot to enjoy pancakes and hot chocolate with family or friends.
- Open daily
- Opening hours (subject to weather conditions):
- The ice rink is closed for the time being. Due to the sunshine, the ice cannot be maintained.
- Reservation possible for groups over 15 people
- Ice skate sizes: From 8.5 (child size) to 11 (adult size)
- Accessible from the age of 3: from 3 to 5 years old children must be accompanied by an adult, they can be autonomous from the age of 5.
- Adult (14 and older)
- With rental skates: 8€
- Without rental skates: 6€
- Weekly entry: 30€
- Season pack (without skate hire): 80€
- Child (from 5 years old)
- With rental skates: 7€
- Without rental skates: 5€
- Weekly entry: 28€
- Season pack (without skate hire): 70€
- Child (under 5 years old): free accompanied by an adult
- Team building (duration 1h30) various activities proposed according to desires and requests + 1 drink offered: 600€
- Rental of the ice rink with 1 free drink: 350€
- Rental of the ice rink only: 250€
- The privatizations are done between 9am and 3pm and 8pm and 10pm
- This rate is included for groups of no more than 30 people. Beyond that, the offer will be studied on a case by case basis.
Kids adventures stage Evolution 2
This winter let your kids discover the mountain by another way, with an adventure stage including fun and originals experiences: electric MTB, snowskate, igloo building, laser game, dog sledding...
Day by day or all week, offer an original complement to ski lessons.
From 7 years old
From Monday to Friday, from 3pm to 5pm
- The 5 afternoons: 200€
- One 2-hour activity of your choice: 50€
Evolution 2 Ski School
During school holidays, the young ones (as well as the not so young ! ) are invited to watch every thursday night at 6 pm a poetic and yet funny show.
A festive and emotional moment expected !
Free of charge
Snake Gliss is an activity where up to 10 sledges are tied together, led by a professional instructor.
The fun, thrilling activity involves a winding 45-minute descent from the top of the Funitel de Péclet. Fun and laughter guaranteed!
More information on Snake Gliss dedicated page.
New - Discover snowtubing with friends or family
The snowtubing activity is closed until the end of the season. See you in winter 2022-2023!
Grab a tube and ride our special tracks specially designed for snowtubing.
The "Campagnols" magic carpet will take you to the top with no effort!
- The activity is open every day
- Saturday to Monday from 10am to 5p
- Tuesday to Friday from 12.15 to 19.30
- The departure of the 2 snowtubing runs is at the arrival of the Campagnols magic carpet, between the magic carpet and the Cascades chairlift
- The activity is available without prior reservation
- Accessible from 5 years old with at least one parent, children from 9 years old can practice the activity independently if parents agree, forbidden to pregnant women.
- Only one person per tube, but the tube can be attached together
- Helmets are not mandatory but are highly recommended
- Ski gloves are mandatory
- Tickets can be purchased at the Snowtubing chalet, at the start of the activity (sales stop 30 minutes before closing time).
- 1 person
- 30 minutes: 14€
- 1 hour: 18€
- Family (price per person from 2 adults and 1 child from the same family)
- 30 minutes: 13€
- 1 hour: 16€
Fun areas and snowpark
Having fun on your skis is the essential part of a successful holiday! To ensure that everyone finds what they are looking for, Val Thorens offers initiation or improvement classes in many fun areas.
You can start with the VT Fun Ride, a piste suitable for the whole family for your first experience and then progress in the VT Family Park for your first successful figures.
Finally, if you are at the right level, or simply what to be amazed by what you see, then head to the ultra-creative VT Park modules to watch the pros freestyle skiing and snowboarding !
Enjoy this moment with animals to admire the view and relax. Did you know that being with animals helps children to relax ?
Mixing sledging and cuddles with the dogs, this is one of kids' favorite activity !
From 2 years old accompagnied by a parent.
More information: Evolution 2 ski school
It’s a funny activity to enjoy with friends or family, and great for trying out the sensations of sliding around on the ice for the first time !
From 7 years old,
Further information on the activity's dedicated page Ice Karting.
A team at your service!
Don’t forget that our Destination Experts are on hand at the Tourist Office to help you get the very most out of your family holiday in Val Thorens!
Head to the Maison de Val Thorens, or call us on +33 (0)4 79 00 08 08
Activities for all ages