Informations Tour de France & L'Etape du Tour de France
Cyclo stage “L’Etape du Tour de France”:
- Saturday 20th July 2019 : no road closure planned - normal access to the resort.
- Sunday 21st July 2019: the road RD96 ("Saint-Laurent's road) will be closed from 8am to 8pm from Moûtiers to the "Varcins" junction and the main road RD117 between "Pont de la Combe" and Val Thorens. RD117 will be open from Moûtiers to "Pont de la Combe". Caution: once the road will be open at 8pm, many cyclists will be cycling down the road.
Tour de France:
- Friday 26th July 2019: check-in and check-out must take place before midday. However, the competent authority can decide to close the road 2 or 3 days before the 26th July. It will depend of the number of vehicules already present in the valley. Keep aware by consulting our website.
- Saturday 27th July 2019: the road RD96 ("Saint-Laurent's road) will be closed from 8am to 8pm from Moûtiers to the "Varcins" junction and the main road RD117 between "Pont de la Combe" and Val Thorens. RD117 will be open from Moûtiers to "Pont de la Combe". To ensure your comfort, no check-in and check-out can take place this day, we invite all our customers to stay in Val Thorens until Sunday.
Parking in Val Thorens is free but compulsory! At your arrival, head to car parking' desks: P0 (2,20m high) or P2 (2,14m high).
The roads are clear throughout the Belleville Valley.
Discover the road condition in real time
- Don’t forget your snow chains, remember to keep them somewhere accessible, and practise putting them on your vehicle before setting off.
- Equip yourself with warm clothing, an electric lamp, and drinking water.
- In the event of a traffic jam, don’t leave your vehicle unless you are asked to by officials or police.
Information will be passed on by local radio stations, VIRGIN Radio Val Thorens / Les Menuires (101.0 Mhz), and France Bleu Pays de Savoie (103.9 Mhz).