Coming to Val Thorens by plane
The Val Thorens resort is located about 2 hours drive from 4 international airports:
- Saint-Exupéry Airport
- Chambéry Airport
- Geneva Airport
- Grenoble Airport
Links between airports and Val Thorens are ensured by regular buses.
From Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport (183km)
Transport company: Satobus Alpes
Tel.: +33 (0) 826 800 826 (€0.15/min) within France or +33 (0)4 26 00 70 07 from abroad.
From Geneva-Cointrin Airport (159km)
From Chambéry Voglans Airport (112km)
Transport company: Transavoie
Tel : +33 (0)4 79 24 24 46
Call centre: 0 820 320 368 (€0.15/min)
Moûtiers Bus Station
Tel. +33 (0)4 79 24 21 58
Call centre: +33 (0) 820 320 368 (€0.15/min)
For your return on a Saturday or Sunday, please confirm your return ticket 48 hours in advance at the ticket counter located in Val Thorens bus station.
Open daily from 9:30 to 12:30 and 15:30 to 19:30.
Tel.: +33 (0)4 79 00 06 83
Val Thorens heliport
Val Thorens has a heliport that can accommodate 3 helicopters simultaneously.
Located at the foot of the slopes and accessible by road, its reception is in a large vintage cabin of Cime Caron cable car.
The ultimate in fast transport, you also have the possibility of going on panoramic flights or going heli-skiing.
Take your skis with you on the plane!
Have you prepared your luggage? How to travel by plane with skis?
Here are some tips that will help you prepare a worry-free flight:
- Clearly indicate your name and address on the inside and outside of your luggage.
- To more easily identify your luggage, remember to put a distinctive sign on it (sticker, strap, etc.)
- Do not carry valuables in your hold luggage.
- Keep your medical treatments and prescriptions with you.
- Pack any fragile objects very carefully.
- With regard to skis, pack them carefully in their cover. Do not hesitate to contact your airline to ask them for their terms and conditions.
Taxi and Passenger Transport to the Airports
You can also book a Taxi or contact a passenger transport service to get to Val Thorens from the different airports.