Discover the road condition in real time
- Don’t forget your snow chains, remember to keep them somewhere accessible, and practise putting them on your vehicle before setting off.
- Equip yourself with warm clothing, an electric lamp, and drinking water.
- In the event of a traffic jam, don’t leave your vehicle unless you are asked to by officials or police.
Information will be passed on by local radio stations, R' Val Thorens / Les Menuires (101.0 Mhz), and France Bleu Pays de Savoie (103.9 Mhz).
Since 1 November 2021, chains or winter tyres are mandatory in mountainous areas
In order to limit traffic jams on the roads in mountainous regions and to improve the safety of road users, you must be equipped with winter tyres or carry chains in your boot during the winter period in certain municipalities. This obligation came into force on 1st November 2021.
Thus, to come to Val Thorens, light vehicles, commercial vehicles and motor homes must:
- either carry metal or textile snow chains in their boot to equip at least two driving wheels
- or be equipped with four winter tyres.