Discover the road condition in real time
- Don’t forget your snow chains, remember to keep them somewhere accessible, and practise putting them on your vehicle before setting off.
- Equip yourself with warm clothing, an electric lamp, and drinking water.
- In the event of a traffic jam, don’t leave your vehicle unless you are asked to by officials or police.
Information will be passed on by local radio stations, R' Val Thorens / Les Menuires (101.0 Mhz), and France Bleu Pays de Savoie (103.9 Mhz).
From 1 November 2021, chains or winter tyres will be mandatory in mountainous areas
In order to reduce traffic jams on the roads in mountainous regions and to improve the safety of road users, it will be compulsory to equip your car with winter tyres or to keep chains in your boot during the winter period in certain municipalities. The obligation will come into force on 1st November 2021.
Thus, to come to Val Thorens, light vehicles, commercial vehicles and motor homes will have to :
- either carry metal or textile snow chains in their boot to equip at least two driving wheels
- or be equipped with four winter tyres.