All you need to know about parking in Val Thorens
Would you like to take advantage of your stay in the mountains to completely disconnect from daily life? You’re in luck, because Val Thorens is a semi-pedestrian ski resort, which restricts street parking in the winter!
Mandatory car parks have several advantages:
- Enjoy resort life in peace: no car parked in front of your building entrance or big traffic jams in the streets at the end of the day.
- You don’t have to worry about your vehicle
- At the end of your stay, there's no need to remove snow from your car or de-ice the windscreen... saving you time, so you can enjoy the real delights of the mountain!
On your arrival by car in Val Thorens, here are the steps to follow
Make a “quick stop” in front of your accommodation to drop off your bags (and all your family, who will be delighted to stretch their legs in the snowy streets of the resort!).
Head for the car park nearest to your accommodation, which you will find on the resort map. The Valthoparc team will welcome you to the P2 car park, open 24/7, or to the P0/P1 car parks open from Friday 2pm to Sunday 8pm.
- If you are parked at P0, P1 or P2, you are inside of the resort, so you can reach your accommodation on foot.
- If you are parked in P3 or P4, your are outside of the resort, a free shuttle serves the centre of the resort. Timetables can be downloaded here.
- To make your arrival easier, you can book your parking space online now and up to 7 days before your arrival (after this deadline, you will need to buy your ticket at the car park ticket office on arrival. Please note that only the car park ticket office of the P2 car park is open 24/7.).
- For those arriving in a motor home, your car park will be P2D, which is right at the entrance to the resort. Be careful! Without a reservation, we do not guarantee a parking space. You must have your own electricity source, as there are no recharging points! ("Flot Bleu" bollard only).
During your stay, there are two ways to get around in the ski resort:
- Free shuttle: they go around the resort every day from 8am to 8pm and serve all the areas of the resort. (Timetables and transport map can be found here)
- On foot: what better than to take your time discovering Val Thorens on foot to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the resort? According to the locals, it's the best way to fully enjoy the magic of being high in the mountains (the resort can be crossed in 20 minutes on foot).
Good to know
- Your car park will be allocated to you according to the height of your vehicle, the location of your accommodation, the dates of your stay and the availability. Here are the height limits for each of the car parks in the resort:
- P0 : maximum height 2m20
- P1 : maximum height 1m85
- P2 covered: maximum height 2m14
- P2 uncovered: no maximum height, accessible to motorhomes.
- P3: no maximum height
- P4: no maximum height
- If you need to use your car during your stay to go back down to the valley, that’s no problem! The car parks are unrestricted access 24/7, so you can get your car out if you need to.
Timetables of the car parks' reception
P0 and P1: Reception is open from Friday 2pm to Sunday 8pm (non-stop). The rest of the week, the reception is closed. Access to the car parks remains possible 24/7 for people who already have a ticket.
P2: Reception is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Access to the car park is also available 24/7.
Free parking for day visitors
The P4 car park, located below the resort (4km downstream), is a car park for day visitors (no overnight parking allowed).
It is free of charge from 7am to 8pm and offers direct access to the slopes, as well as to the Cairn and Caron gondola lift ticket offices, where you can buy your skipass.
Simply use the footbridge overlooking the slopes to get to the ticket office and enjoy the Val Thorens - Orelle or 3 Vallées ski area.
Free access to the resort is also possible for pedestrians. All you have to do is take the footbridge, then the Cairn gondola lift to get into the resort. The outward and return journey is free with your parking ticket.
You can also park in one of the resort's car parks :
- P0, P1, P2: rate 8,50€ for the day from 8am to 8pm (subject to availability)
- Arche and Slalom hourly car parks (payment by the hour, maximum 3 consecutive hours)
Seasonal parking in Val Thorens
Are you a seasonal worker in Val Thorens? There are alternatives for coming without a car such as carpooling or renting a Mini for a day or half day.
You also benefit from advantageous rates on car parks during the season. For more information, visit the valthoparc website under info > subscription season.
Valthoparc's other services
- Vehicle cleaning zone in a heated area with a vacuum cleaner and air pump (1€ and 2€ coins, information and access from the P2 car park). Open from 6 am to 10 pm every day.
- All sizes of snow socks and snow chains are available to buy from the counters, as well as antifreeze suitable for diesel engines.
- “Mini” car hire by the half-day or full-day. (Only at the P2 car park).
- Valet parking service (private, secure parking) which will collect your vehicle from your residence door on the day of arrival and drop it back right outside on your day of departure. Optional exterior car wash.