All you need to know about parking in Val Thorens
Would you like to take advantage of your stay in the mountains to completely disconnect from daily life? You’re in luck, because Val Thorens is a semi-pedestrian ski resort, which restricts street parking in the winter!
Mandatory car parks have several advantages:
- Enjoy resort life in peace: no car parked in front of your building entrance or big traffic jams in the streets at the end of the day.
- You don’t have to worry about your vehicle
- At the end of your stay, there's no need to remove snow from your car or de-ice the windscreen... saving you time, so you can enjoy the real delights of the mountain!
On your arrival at Val Thorens, here are the steps to follow
Make a “quick stop” in front of your accommodation to drop off your bags (and all your family, who will be delighted to stretch their legs in the snowy streets of the resort!).
Head for the car park nearest to your accommodation, which you will find on the interactive resort map. The Val Tho Parc team will welcome you 24h. There’s no timetable to stick to, you’re on HOLIDAY!
- If you are parked at P0, P1 or P2, you are inside of the resort, so you can reach your accommodation on foot.
- If you are parked in P3 or P4, your are outside of the resort, a free shuttle serves the centre of the resort. Timetables can be downloaded here.
- To make your arrival easier, you can book your parking space online now and up to 7 days before your arrival (after this deadline, you will need to buy your ticket at the car park ticket office on arrival).
- For those arriving in a motor home, your car park will be P2, which is right at the entrance to the resort. Be careful! You must have your own electricity source, as there are no recharging points!
During your stay, there are two ways to get around in the ski resort:
- Free shuttle: they go around the resort every day from 8am to 8pm and serve all the areas of the resort. (Timetables can be found here, and the transport map here)
- On foot: what better than to take your time discovering Val Thorens on foot to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the resort? According to the locals, it's the best way to fully enjoy the magic of being high in the mountains.
Good to know
- Your car park will be allocated to you according to the height of your vehicle as well as your accommodation. Here are the height limits for each of the car parks in the resort:
- P0 : maximum height 2m20
- P1 : maximum height 1m85
- P2 covered: maximum height 2m14
- P2 uncovered: no maximum height, accessible to motorhomes.
- P3: no maximum height
- P4: no maximum height
- If you need to use your car during your stay to go back down to the valley, that’s no problem! The car parks are unrestricted access, so you can get your car out if you need to.
Free parking for day visitors
Seasonal parking in Val Thorens
Are you a seasonal worker in Val Thorens? We offer you alternatives for transport and parking: car sharing, car hire for a day or half-day
You also benefit from advantageous rates on car parks during the season. For more information, visit the valthoparc website under info > subscription season.
Val Tho Car Wash: Wash your vehicle at Val Thorens!
Would you like to clean your car before getting on the road? You can do so at the heated car wash in Val Thorens, open from 6 am to 10 pm every day.
The machines (vacuum cleaner, high pressure jet) work with tokens or €1 and €2 coins
Entrance at the P2 car park reception, which provides tokens.