Last update on March 1st 2021
Following a meeting between the Prime Minister, Jean Castex, and mountain stakeholders, it was decided that the ski lifts will remain closed in February, with no date for reopening announced.
- The ski lifts are therefore closed
- A curfew is in place from 6pm to 6am
- The resort is open and welcomes you: Val Thorens does its utmost to propose you a wide choice of outdoor, contemplative or more sporting activities to do with friends or family! Ski touring, cross-country skiing, snowshoe hiking, footpaths...
We are ready to open our ski area as soon possible, while respecting the sanitary conditions. With all of our know-how, our motivation and our desire, we'll be there besides all tourism stakeholders.
In the meantime, all the Val Thorens teams wish you a happy new year 2021 in Val Tho or elsewhere!
Last update on March 1st 2021
Life of the resort
Despite the closure of the ski lifts, is the ski area still accessible?
Yes, 2 ski touring trails and a cross-country ski trail are groomed and secured. Pedestrian and snowshoe trails are also accessible. More information here.
Is it possible to come to Val Thorens in March? Will there be activities?
Yes, the resort of Val Thorens welcomes in March. Find all the shops, services and activities on our "What to do in Val Thorens this winter" page.
I would like to book a stay with Val Thorens Reservation, what are the cancellation conditions?
Val Thorens reservation has adapted its cancellation conditions and guarantees you a full refund of your reservation.
- Cancellation free of charge and without proof of your reservation (up to 31 days before your arrival)
- Reimbursement of your stay on your arrival date if government decision, closure of the accommodation you have booked, closure of the resort and/or the ski lifts.
- Insurance adapted to the current situation with return to the classic conditions and special cover for the Covid-19
I would like to cancel my accommodation booking and get a refund.
If you have booked with Val Thorens Réservation, please send an email to email@example.com. Otherwise, we invite you to contact your accommodation directly. You will find their contact details on your booking confirmation.
I would like to be reimbursed for my ski pass / ski activities.
To do so, you must contact the lift company at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like my parking place to be reimbursed.
If you have made your reservation via Valthoparc, we invite you to contact them at: email@example.com, if you have reserved your parking space as part of a package with Val Thorens Réservation, the necessary arrangements have been made and refunds are in progress.
I would like to be reimbursed for my ski class
Contact your ski school by mail:
- ESF: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prosneige: email@example.com
- SkiCool: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evolution 2: email@example.com
- Oxygène: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESI Ski Family: email@example.com
- Girlschool: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clean United Label : taking care of each other
1- The commitment of our professionals
All professionals of Val Thorens who adhere to the Clean United Label promise to respect the guidelines and recommendations of their respective professional sectors. This commitment is valid for both the application of sanitary protocols and other recommended measures to help control the virus.
How do you recognize a “Clean United” professional?
- All the professionals who are members of the Clean United Label are listed below.
- You can also find the “Clean United” sticker put up by these professionals.
2 – Are you travelling to Val Thorens? You too are an actor in the Clean United Label
For “Clean United” to work, you, the traveller, must also follow a number of rules. Today, in France, wearing a mask is compulsory in all places open to the public (including Péclet and Caron shopping centres). We ask you to respect this, as well as the other measures to help control the virus (washing hands regularly and keeping a distance).
Do you notice a breach of the Clean United label among the professionals involved? Notify us immediately by email via email@example.com.
Barrier gestures in the mountains
Professionals: join the Clean United Label!
You are a Val Thorens professional and want to join the Clean United Label? Fill out the form to submit your request.
You can also download our signs: wearing the mask mandatory, hand sanitiser available for your use, distance of one metre from others, use contactless payment...