Come and put on your skis for the Grande Première in Val Thorens, November 20 & 21, 2021!
It's THE weekend to launch the winter season and the meeting place for all snow sports enthusiasts with on the program:
- skiing, skiing, skiing, the discovery of the ski area and initiations to learn new glides or simply to improve.
- a test village at Place Caron with all the latest news and equipment tests. All types of snow sports are on display thanks to the presence of more than fifty major brands of ski, snowboard, accessories, ski touring, freeride skiing...
- many festive activities throughout the weekend: a fun area (mini snowpark..), Live DJ, quizzes, many gifts to win...
- a Raclette Party on Saturday from 5pm followed by a fireworks display at 6.30pm
- the "Grande Première Séance" with the projection of mountain films, on Saturday evening at the Church of Val Thorens!
Brands to be tested:
- Ski / ski touring: Atomic, Armada, Blackcrows, Blizzard, Black Diamond, Dynafit, Dynastar, Faction, Nordica, Rossignol, Scott, Salomon, Stöckli, Wedze
- Snowboard / Splitboard: Amplid, Bentmetal, Burton, Boréalis, Bataléon, Capita, Deeluxe boots, Easy snowboard, Furlan Snowboards, Fix, Flow, GNU, Goodboards, Jones, Karakoam, Libtech, Nidecker, Now, Nitro Snowboards, Rossignol, Rome, Roxy, Salomon, Swoard, Step on, Stone Snowboard, Slash, Springbreak, Union, Yes
- Snowscoot : Erectic Snowscoot
- Accessories: L'Armure Française, Blacksheep, Bollé, Boldo'Air Sport, Boldoduc, Cébé, Cairn, Glidenano, Izipizi, Julbo, La Chaussette de France, Millet, Oakley, Out Of, Scott, Spy+, Ski Mojo
Pre-registration for the ski/snow test
The tests will only be accessible to holders of a ski pass and a test card (free on presentation of the pass). Once pre-registered, this test card can be collected on site with 2 proofs of identity (identity card, passport or driving licence + health card, credit card, student card...)
- The day before the event, 19 November from 3pm to 8pm at the Tourist Office
- 20 November from 8am to 4pm at the test village, Place Caron
- 21 November from 8am to 3pm at the test village, Place Caron
Activity zones run by professionals will also be available: free initiations with UCPA, mini freestyle zone and ski touring area (activities depending on snow conditions).
Ski slopes and lifts opening forecast for the weekend
- Ski lifts opening forecast
- The 4 carpets : Castor&Pollux, Campagnols and Musaraigne
- Péclet Funitel
- Cascades chairlift
- Moraine gondola lift
- Portette chairlift
- Grand Fond Funitel
- 2 Lacs chairlift
- Moutière chairlift
- Cairn/Caron gondola lift
- Slopes opening forecast
- Voie lactée (green)
- La Val Tho (green)
- Grenouillère (green)
- Campagnols (green)
- Musaraigne (green)
- Lac Blanc (red)
- Béranger bottom (red)
- Roc (green)
- Dalles (blue)
- Moraine (blue)
- Fond (blue)
- Variante (red)
- Plateau (red)
- Traversée des 2 lacs (green)
- Combe de Thorens (green)
- Cairn bottom (blue)
- Linotte (blue)
- Lagopède (blue)
- Gentiane (blue)
Lift ticket offices open for the weekend of La Grande Première
- Péclet Funitel ticket office from 8.45am to 4.30pm
- J. Fontanet Forum cash desks from 8.45am to 4.30pm
- Olympiades ticket offices from 8.45am to 4.30pm
- Cairn/Caron cable car ticket offices from 8.45am to 2.45pm
Virgin Radio is a partner of La Grande Première, the opening event of the winter season!
Be the first on the slopes and don't miss this long-awaited Grand Première!
La Grande Première