Download the photos of the 2022 edition!
VT Crazy CrossVT Speed 3200 VT Family Fun Marche VT Trail Pursuit VT Trail Kids
From beginners to more experienced, Val Thorens brings you a stay for all the lovers of mountain hiking. The Val Tho Summit Games are to either push your self or have a relaxed walk. Or why not attend both?
Summer and winter alike, Val Thorens innovates and cultivates the astonishment to make everyone benefit from its natural assets. A real festival of mountain running, the Val Tho Summit Games is the turbo effect in a calendar of runners, and the spark for amateur sportsmen who wish to launch themselves in the best conditions.
Free opening of the ski lifts for the event:
Cairn gondola, Caron gondola and Cime Caron cable car
Don't miss the VT Boost Camp: conferences, nutrition and technical workshops. 30€ per session.
2 sessions this year:
- from 31 July to 4 August
- from 7 to 11 August
Val Tho Summit Games 6 top experiences !
VT Crazy Cross – Friday 4th August 2023*:
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CROSS TRAIL?
Inspired by ski cross, the Crazy Cross is a mixture of cross, sprint, fun and craziness in teams of 4 on a 4 minute obstacle course at 2300m altitude. The course is made up of various natural and artificial obstacles where anything can happen or change all the way to the finish line! Suspense and emotions guaranteed! For those who love a challenge and adrenalin rush!
VT Speed 3200 – Saturday 5th August 2023*:
The highest vertical kilometre in the Alps is back at La Cime Caron! 1000m of positive vertical drop to be covered in a breathtaking high mountain setting. The race ends at the summit of La Cime Caron, at 3160m of altitude, and it is likely that the finishing strides will be done once again in the snow! Reference time 42 min 20 sec, ready to beat it?
4.9 km, 1000 m D+.
The Cairn and Caron gondolas and the Cime Caron cable car open from 8:30 am to 2 pm: accompanying persons can come up and applaud the competitors at the finish.
After the effort, a sandwich will be offered to all participants.
VT Speed 3200: 15€ for the race
VT Trail Pursuit – Sunday 6th August 2023*:
3 courses to choose from :
- 10 km: go on the trails of Val Thorens for a 10 km Trail discovery and 500 m D+ accessible to all runners from 17 years old, whatever your level. Minimum altitude : 2224 m - maximum altitude : 2626 m. Trail shoes required, poles recommended. Registration fee : 15€. See the route
- 20 km: go on the trails of the Lac du Lou for a 20 km discovery trail and 1000 m D+. Minimum altitude: 1881 m - maximum altitude: 2527 m. Trail shoes required, poles recommended. Registration : 25€. See the route
- 42 km (4th edition): from snow to daisies, 42 km of race and 2200 m D+ which will make you discover all the landscapes of Val Thorens. Minimum altitude : 1763 m - maximum altitude 3000 m. Registration : 45€. Qualifying race for the UTMB (2 points). Prize money for the top 5. See the route
A unique trail format, where ladies go first! The guys leave after the girls…will you catch up with them or hang back, seduced by the magnificent scenery surrounding you?
VT Trail Kids - Sunday 6th August 2023*:
Young people from 11 to 16 years of age will also compete in the VT Trail Kids. The race is a loop to be completed several times, depending on the category.
- 11-12 years: 1.34 km course, 70D+
- 13-14 years: 1.34 km course + 1 loop of 0.96 km: 2.3 km, 150D+
- 15-16 years old: 1.34 km course + 2 loops of 1.92 km: 3.2 km, 232D+
More information on the official race website: www.valthosummitgames.com
VT Family Fun Marche – Sunday 6th August 2023*:
A 100% natural, 100% gourmet fun ramble to enjoy with family and friends. A great opportunity to admire the magical Belleville Valley, with original and fun stops to entertain you along the way.
Adult: 10€, 6 - 11 years: 5€, less than 6 years old: free
Online registration or on-site registration on the day of the races. Medical certificate (less than one year old) mandatory.
About Val Tho Summit Games :
The Val Tho Summit Games had been designed by Val Thorens resort in partnership with athletes and trail racers, with the aim to inovate and provide physiological and technical benefits to participants.
Both in summer and winter, Val Thorens inovates and enables its visitors to benfits from its natural advantages.
Val Tho Summit Games are a true festival of mountain racing, and represent a turbo effect for experienced racers, or a shot of adrenaline for amateur athletes.
In partnership with
SOGEVAB Val Thorens
+33 (0)4 79 00 00 18
*In the event of bad weather, the organiser reserves the right to cancel the event.