On 4 and 5 March 2022, the DYNAFIT team will be giving you the opportunity to test touring skis free of charge for a good cause.
The ski mountaineering specialist DYNAFIT is organising the Snow Leopard Day for the eighth year running. Eight countries have agreed on a common date on which ski touring enthusiasts are invited to gain altitude and thus support the Snow Leopard Trust.
DYNAFIT will convert every metre of ascent into one euro cent and donate the proceeds to the wildlife protection programme in Pakistan.
Friday 4th March
- 9am - 4pm: We invite you to come and collect meters of vertical drop for the benefit of the snow leopard!
- Free loan of equipment on site: ski touring, skins and boots (poles are not provided)
- Free event
- Open to all from 14 years old
- Be able to ski down a blue run
- 6pm: Dynafit Snow Leopard Tracks. Discover the practice of ski touring supervised by our volunteers. At the Chalet de la Marine, a little Savoyard food awaits you. More information
Saturday 5th March
- 10am - 2pm: New, the Dynafit Snow Leopard Race! A ski mountaineering race with a 400m D+ loop to be completed as many times as you like. The ascent and descent are timed.
- You can buy your number on the spot on Friday or on the day itself.
- For the number, you give the amount you want, the proceeds will be entirely donated to the Snow Leopard Trust association
- Start of the race at 10am
- Lunch is included
- Possibility to test Dynafit skis for free
- Location: Chalet of the slalom stadium
- From 14 years old
About the Snow Leopard Trust:
The Snow Leopard Trust, based in Seattle, has been investing in research and working for the survival of the endangered snow leopard since 1981. The home range of this magnificent cat is gradually shrinking. Studies estimate that the wild population of the big cat is currently around 3,500 individuals. The snow leopard is increasingly threatened by illegal hunting, climate change and habitat destruction. The organisation runs projects in China, India, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and Pakistan. Studies on the snow leopard are carried out and partnerships with the populations of the mountainous regions concerned are set up to protect the cat's habitat. DYNAFIT identifies with this elegant animal and, as a partner of the Snow Leopard Trust, is involved in its long-term protection. The long-standing collaboration with the Snow Leopard Trust is part of DYNAFIT's CSR commitment, which is becoming increasingly important within the brand.