There are several transport options available to you to get to Val Thorens. Whether by car, train, bus or plane, find out all the information you need to prepare your journey below.
The easy way to Val Tho
Go Val Thorens
La Go Val Thorens platform allows you to create a tailor-made itinerary by combining different forms of transport: trains, planes, buses, shuttles, car hire, taxis and VTCs.
Simply enter your point of departure and you'll find all the transport options available in real time, so you can get to Val Tho without any hassle!
Map to Val Thorens
Coming by car
Find all the information you need to plan your journey by car to Val Thorens.
Access via the Tarentaise
- From Albertville, take the N90 towards Moûtiers
- Take exit 40 - St-Jean-de-Belleville / St-Martin-de-Belleville / Les Menuires / Val Thorens
- Follow the D117 to Val Thorens
Access via the Maurienne
- Take the A43 motorway
- Take exit 29 - St Michel de Maurienne
- Follow the D1006 towards Orelle
You can also get to Val Thorens via the ski lifts at Orelle.
This link, made possible thanks to the support of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Region, enables visitors arriving from the Maurienne Valley toget to Val Thorens with their luggage in 45 minutes, via the legendary Cime Caron and its 360° panorama of the Alps.
From 1 November 2021, chains and winter tyres will be compulsory in mountainous areas.
To come to Val Thorens, light vehicles, commercial vehicles and motor homes must :
- carry metal or textile snow chains in their boot to equip at least two drive wheels; or
- be fitted with four winter tyres
As a last resort, you can buy chains or socks in the resort. A list of shops selling them is available at here.
Parking in Val Thorens
Charging stations for electric vehicles
Charging points are available in all the station's covered car parks (P0, P1 and P2).
Prices are based on the kWh consumed. For more information and the kWh rate, go to Valthoparc site.
Coming by train
Moûtiers - Salins - Brides-les-Bains station
- Moûtiers - Salins - Brides-les-Bains is the nearest train station to Val Thorens.
- It is 37 km from the
- We invite you to book your train journey at SNCF website
Travelling by plane
Airports near Val Thorens
- Chambéry - Savoie Mont Blanc (CMF) airport is 122 km away.
- Grenoble Alpes Isère airport (GNB) is 194 km away.
- Lyon Saint Exupéry airport (LYS) is 199 km away.
- Geneva International Airport (GVA) is 201km away.
Transport from the airports to Val Thorens
Depending on the airport, transfers are available by bus, taxi/VTC or hire car.
For full details of the transfers available from your arrival airport, please consult the page Bus station, bus routes and taxis.
Val Thorens helipad
Val Thorens has a helipad that can accommodate 3 helicopters simultaneously. More information about the companies offering helicopter transfers on our transport page.
Coming by bus, taxi or VTC
Val Thorens bus station, Place des Arolles, is open every day during the winter season.
It serves buses, taxis and VTCs to and from Moûtiers - Salins - Brides-les-bains station and the airports of Chambéry, Grenoble, Lyon-Saint-Exupéry and Geneva.
If your accommodation is not ready when you arrive, luggage storage is located in the bus station, allowing you to wander freely around the resort while you wait to pick up your accommodation.