Val Tho Summit Games 2024: the must-see summer sports event in Val Thorens
The ninth edition of the Val Tho Summit Games will be held 2 to 4 August in Val Thorens and will bring together amateur and elite mountain runners looking for fun, novelty and sharing. 6 sporting experiences for the general public to share with family and friends!
Ski lifts open free of charge for the event:
Information to come
Don't miss the VT Boost Camp!
On the programme: lectures and nutrition and technical workshops. 30 per session. Dates of forthcoming sessions.
The 6 experiences of the Val Tho Summit Games
VT Crazy Cross - Friday 2 August 2024*
Mix trail, cross-country, sprint, fun, rushes of 4 by 4, on a course of 4 minutes at 2300 m altitude... and you get the crazy race of Val Thorens... Reserved for those who like challenges and adrenaline rushes. Suspense and excitement guaranteed! Race open to those aged 14 and over.
Obstacle course, €5
VT Speed 3200 - Saturday 3 August 2024*
The highest vertical kilometre in the Alps is back at La Cime Caron! 1000m of ascent in a breathtaking high mountain setting. The race finishes at the summit of La Cime Caron, at an altitude of 3160m, and there's every chance that the finishing strides will once again be made in the snow! Reference time 42 min 20 sec, ready to beat it?
4.9 km, 1000 m altitude gain
The Cairn and Caron cable cars and the Cime Caron cable car are open from 8.30am to 2pm: accompanying persons can come up and cheer on the competitors at the finish.
And after the effort, the comfort! A free snack for all participants!
VT Speed 3200: €15
VT Trail Pursuit - Sunday 4 August 2024*
A choice of 3 courses:
- 10 km : take to the trails of Val Thorens for a 10 km discovery trail with a 500 m elevation gain accessible to all runners from 17 yearsWhatever your level. Minimum altitude: 2224 m - maximum altitude: 2626 m. Trail shoes compulsory, poles recommended. Registration fee: €15. See the route
- 20 km : Take to the trails of Lac du Lou for a 20km discovery trail with a 1000m gradient. Minimum altitude: 1881 m - maximum altitude: 2527 m. Trail shoes obligatory, poles recommended. Registration fee: €25. See the route
- 42km (4th edition) : from snow to daisies, 42 km of running and 2,200 m D+ to discover all the landscapes of Val Thorens. Minimum altitude: 1763 m - maximum altitude 3000 m. Registration fee: 45€. UTMB qualifying race (2 points) + prize money for the top 5 finishers See the route
VT Trail Kids - Sunday 4 August 2024*
Young people from 11 to 16 years will also be competing in the VT Trail Kids. Race in the form of a loop to be completed several times, depending on the category.
- 11-12 years: 1.34 km course, 70D+.
- 13-14 years: 1.34 km course + 1 loop of 0.96 km: 2.3 km, 150D+.
- 15-16 years: 1.34 km course + 2 loops of 1.92 km: 3.2 km, 232D+.
VT Family Fun Walk - Sunday 4 August 2024*
In Val Thorens, 6 km of easy riding: a panoramic tour on the ski lifts, more than 12 original activities, and the unmissable Savoyard stopover. At the finish, a Picnic Pasta for all... 100% not to be missed!
Accessible to all, minors must be accompanied by an adult. A fun and tasty ride.
Adults: €10, 6 to 11 years: €5, under 6s: free
About Val Tho SUMMIT GAMES
The Val Tho SUMMIT GAMES have been devised in collaboration with sportsmen and women, trail experts and the Val Thorens resort, with a dual objective: to innovate and energise by drawing on the resort's assets to provide real physiological, technical and dietary benefits for trail runners.
Summer and winter alike, Val Thorens innovates and cultivates astonishment so that everyone can benefit from its natural assets. A veritable festival of mountain running, the Val Tho Summit Games is the turbo effect in a calendar of runners, and the spark for amateur sportsmen and women who want to get started in the best possible conditions.
Julien Chorier, multiple Trail and Ultra-Trail winner and Val Thorens ambassador : ” It's time to innovate when it comes to mountain racing. There are many trail runners, and the race calendar is already very full, but the format is still the same. Trail running is all about effort, but it's also about fun and freedom. The playground and the state of mind of Val Thorens are ideal for imagining new things and moving the sport and its participants forward, and I'm proud to be able to contribute to this dynamic.
For further information, please contact SOGEVAB - 04 79 00 00 18 - [email protected]