Ski holidays are just around the corner and packing your bag is an important moment. Stressful and exciting at the same time, we'd like to be able to take our home with us and not have to choose! Being prepared for every eventuality, without having to break your suitcase, is the goal that I suggest you set out to achieve together, thanks to a list of the essentials you need to have in your bag for a successful stay in a ski resort.
- Ski jacket: preferably warm, but you can also play with several layers
- Ski trousers
- Mid-layer: a fleece jumper, for example
- 1st layer: close to the body. We recommend wearing a breathable T-shirt rather than a cotton one, as this will keep you dryer and warmer 😉
- Ski socks
- Ski gloves (warm and waterproof)
- Ski helmet
- Cap or headband
- Ski mask
- Sun cream and lip balm
- Passport and European Health Insurance Card if you are abroad.
For all close-fitting garments, I recommend Merino wool: it's warm, comfortable to wear and odour-free! It's even nicer for friends in the flat!
That's the bare minimum you need, but you can add the following items to this list for your ski holiday:
Clothing and equipment
- Small rucksack for your daily essentials
- Different screens for your ski mask to suit different visibility conditions
- A water bottle (it's important to stay hydrated at altitude)
- Thin gloves for après-ski
- Scarf or neck warmer (Buff type) for warmth
- Swimming costumes
- Boots or heavy shoes for après-ski. Preferably warm, waterproof and with good crampons.
- Sportswear with trainers to make the most of the day Sports Centre - Le Board !
- Sun protection: creams, lip balm and sunglasses/ski mask
- Back protector (useful for those who like to ride a bike) snowpark)
- Wrist and knee protectors (useful for beginners)
- The essential set of avalanche transceiver, shovel and telescopic probe if you're planning to do some off-piste skiing.
- GoPro-type on-board camera (Don't worry, if you don't have one and you're member of the Val Thorens ClubWe'll lend you one for 24 hours free of charge!) If you've got one, check out our tips for setting up your GoPro.
- Smartphone (with the 3 Vallées mobile application)
Don't forget to take your chargers and extra batteries, as they won't last as long in the cold.
Don't worry, Val Thorens isn't the end of the world: if you've forgotten anything (from your toothbrush to your ski jacket or the cheese for the fondue), you'll find it in theone of our shops !
Of course, this list is not exhaustive 🙂